CalCERTS has implemented a new feature called Signature Authority for homeowners.
Homeowners may give Signature Authority to Rating companies. This allows the Rating company to sign the CF-2R forms as if logged in as the homeowner.
Signature Authority refers to a function where specific HERS Raters may sign certificates on behalf of the homeowner.
Note: The Rating Company must accept the Signature Agreement before the transaction is complete. Once they accept you will be notified. The feature only applies to 2008, 2016, and 2019 code standards.
- Log in to www.calcerts.com
- Click link
- Click the hyperlink next to the applicable year standards.
- Click the Assign Signature Agreement hyperlink.
- Input the Customer ID of the company you are sharing your Signature Authority with, then click Give Authority.
- Check the box to confirm the statement, then click Give Authority.
- Click OK to confirm.