© Copyright CalCERTS, Inc. 2019
Code Cycle: 2019 Standards Only!
Reference: 2019 CalCERTS New Construction Training Manual Chapter 4
Impact: New 2019 HERS verification
Notes: Visual verification of installed kitchen range hood for HVI or AHAM rating of 100 CFM and 3 sones.
The verification shall utilize certified rating data from one of the following approved product directories:
- Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) Certified Home Ventilating Products Directory: HVI Directory, or
- Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers Directory: AHAM Directory.
NOTE: Both directory spreadsheets can be found as an attachment below (Updated 10/21/2020)
The verification procedure shall consist of visual inspection of the installed kitchen range hood to verify and record the following information:
- The manufacturer name and model number.
- The model is listed in the HVI or AHAM directory.
- The rated airflow value is listed in the HVI or AHAM directory.
- The sound rating is listed in the HVI or AHAM directory.
- If the value for the rated airflow given in the directory is greater than or equal to the airflow requirements specified in the Standards, and if the value for the sone rating given in the directory is less than or equal to the sone rating requirements specified in Standards, then the kitchen range hood complies, otherwise the kitchen range hood does not comply.
Enclosed kitchen - "A kitchen whose permanent openings to interior adjacent spaces do not exceed a total of 60 sq. ft."
Non-Enclosed Kitchen - If the kitchen does not meet the definition of an enclosed kitchen, it is a non-enclosed kitchen.