This article will guide you step-by-step through the homeowner account creation process.
Homeowner accounts are a streamlined version of business accounts. This account type is typically used by homeowners who install their own equipment and did not use a contractor to do the work. If you are a homeowner who hired a contractor to do all the work for you, they will be responsible to complete the paperwork in the CalCERTS registry, you do not need to create a homeowner account.
IMPORTANT – BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Homeowners are allowed to start projects and obtain copies of the CF1R, Certificate of Compliance without providing a picture ID. However, in order to move forward in the project and submit the CF2R, Certificate of Installation, the homeowner must be verified by providing a picture ID. This must be uploaded from your computer or you may choose to email the ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Navigate to https://www.calcerts.com/ on your internet browser app (such as Google Chrome or Firefox).
- Click on Create An Account in the upper-right.
- Click on the icon to the right of HOMEOWNER.
- On the next page, click NO.
- If you have previously been registered at our website, please do not try and create another account. You will want to log in under your existing user name and password. Click here to use an email address to recover your login details.
- STEP ONE: Complete the required information on the next page, including the claim code if one was provided. The claim code is the project id # that was created for you. Choose your password and click Next.
- STEP TWO: Step two of the registration process gives you the ability to review your personal information. This is also the step that will allow you to scan and upload your picture ID, in JPG file, in order to process CF2Rs and CF3Rs.
(We will also accept pictures of your ID taken with your smartphone, faxed copies and email submissions as well)
If you do not have your ID readily available, once logged in, there will be an option on the Homeowner dashboard to upload the file, or you can email or fax it to us. Just click the FAX/Mail Your ID. The ID may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click Next.
- STEP THREE: An important part of the registration process is creating the signatures to be applied to certificates. There are three options:
- Electronic Signature Options,
- Mouse-drawn Website Capture,
- A scanned image of your real written signature.
Most users go with the default option, Font Style.
10. Click NEXT when you’re satisfied with your choice.
Note: Scanned signatures will require additional time to process.
11. STEP FOUR: The final page is the confirmation page. This is a summary of your application shown on this page, so double-check all of your information, especially your email address. Enter the alphanumeric characters you see in the CAPTCHA. Input the characters exactly as shown into the box, including capitalization. Click on the icon to solve a different image.
12. Click REGISTER when you’re done. You will receive the following confirmation page.
13. Depending on whether or not you uploaded your picture ID, you will get one of the following emails.
- Picture ID was provided during registration.
14. Click the link to verify your email. Once you click the link to validate the email, you will be led to a login page and you will have full access to the registry.
15. If Picture ID was not provided during Step 2, you will receive the email below requesting that you verify your email address and reminding you that we require a copy of your picture ID.
16. Once you verify your email address you will be prompted to log into the site. You will notice a reminder stating that you will “need to be verified (with picture ID) before any CF2R can be registered”.
17. You will receive the email confirmation below.
18. You are now able to log in and begin work on the CF1R as well as sign the completed document.
19. In order to begin work on the CF2R, you will need to scan and email us a copy of your picture id to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at 916-985-3402.
20. When the picture ID has been received and verified, you will receive the following email confirmation:
21. Once you log into the site, the home page will look something like this.
22. For more information on navigating the homepage, click here.
23. If you need information on claiming a project, click here.