This article will help determine the correct project to create in CalCERTS for a given job. Answer the questions in order. Click on the icon for your appropriate code year standard to be directed to the appropriate project start page.
For 2008 projects, please click Actions on the Secure Home and choose the appropriate project type to proceed.
Project Creation Guide
- Are you working with any of the following professions?
- Energy consultant
- Plan Drafter / Drawer
It's possible they've already transferred a plan to your company. This plan will need to be transferred into a project.
You may not want to continue until you've confirmed with your consultant that a project has not already been made by them. They can simply share their project with you.
- Are you working on an existing home or is this a new construction separate from any other buildings?
If this is a new construction, click here proceed to step 7.
- Are you replacing only an HVAC system and want the simplest project?
2016 ALT-02 for HVAC Change-outs
Tutorial: How To Create A CF-1R-ALT-02 For HVAC Change-Outs
- Are you replacing more than just the HVAC but not changing the conditioned floor area? You could be replacing (for instance) parts of the HVAC system, the windows, the insulation, and/or water heater?
2016 ALT-01 Whole House Alteration
- Are you only changing the conditioned floor area?
2016 Addition Only New Construction
2013 Addition Only New Construction
- Are you changing both the conditioned floor area and the HVAC system? For instance, a garage conversion or ADU job? This project type requires a energy calculation file.
2016 Existing Alteration + Addition (E+A+A)
- Are you working on a single newly-constructed home or duplex? No other related homes?
2016 Single-family New Construction
2013 Single-family New Construction
- Are you working on mulitple single-family homes with different addresses but share a design, such as tract homes or neighborhoods? This project type requires a energy calculation file.
2016 Single-family Multi-orientation New Constructions
2013 Single-family Multi-orientation New Constructions
- Are there three or more dwelling units for the single new building and you don't want to generate an energy calculation file?
2016 Multi-family New Construction - Single-Building Prescriptive
2013 Multi-family New Construction - Single-Building Prescriptive
- Are there three or more dwelling units for your building(s) and you do have an energy calculation file regarding their design?
2016 Multi-family Multi-orientation New Construction
2013 Multi-family Multi-orientation New Construction