Existing Alterations with Addition, also known as E+A+A projects, are a special combined project that involves both Alteration and New Construction (Addition) features. These projects are for existing residential homes that are both (1) adding new conditioned floor space and (2) modifying the space conditioning system, such as a condenser coil change-out or significant duct work.
Note: E+A+A projects must be done with a Performance approach CF-1R. You cannot do E+A+A prescriptively!
- Login to www.calcerts.com
- Click Projects on the left side menu. Click Alteration-Residential.
- Click the near the upper-right corner of the Alterations list to create a new project.
- Indicate whether you have a permit or not. This will determine the correct code standard for your project.
- Click the next to Performance Residential Existing with Addition/Alteration (EAA).
- Enter the project information as requested. If the correct city or enforcement agency does not appear, please delete then re-input the zip code. Also ensure you're using the correct zip code.
Click CREATE PROJECT when you're done. This project will appear in your Alterations - Residential list from now on.