Signature authority allows an energy consultant, installer, or builder company to grant a Rater company the ability to sign CF-2R documents on their behalf. The Rater will be able to see checkboxes for signing and sign on your behalf when they come across a form that is pending your signature.
Note: Signature authority can only be granted to a Rater for signing on 2016 and 2008 projects. Energy Consultants cannot give signature authority for 2016 standards.
- Login to www.calcerts.com
- Click My Info on the left side menu, then click My Signature Agreements.
- Choose whether to give signature authority for 2008 or 2016 standards.
Note: Signature authority is not available for 2013 code standards.
- Select which type of certificate you would like to provide authorization for, then click Assign Signature Agreement.
- Enter the Customer ID for the company you would like to give signature authorization to. You will need to contact that company and have them provide you their Customer ID. Click Give Authority after inputting the ID.
- On the following page, click the check box to agree, then click Give Authority again. Click OK to confirm.
Note: The company you are sharing with must accept your Signature Authority before the transaction is complete. Once they accept it, you will be notified.