In general, a building department will not grant a permit unless there is a Title-24 report that has calculated the energy needs of the building. This Title-24 report must be created or uploaded into a Plan on CalCERTS and it must be signed its Designer, usually an architect or engineer. The Plan will need to be paid for if it's a Performance-based approach.
Once the Title-24 (Plan) is signed off and paid for, a PDF report may be downloaded for presentation to the building department. This article describes how to download a Title-24 PDF report from a New Construction project.
- Login to www.calcerts.com.
- Click Projects on the left side menu, then click New Construction - Residential.
- Locate the project and open it by clicking the name or the yellow folder to the right.
- Click the yellow CF1R icon to open the CF-1R (Title-24).
- The CF-1R page will load and default to the Energy Calculation Files tab. Click the Work With File/Access CF1R hyperlink next to the Compliance section OR simply click on the icon next to the Title-24 to be downloaded.
- On this page, click on the icon to download a PDF copy of the Title-24 report.